Non-fiction translation / textbook translation
As a freelance translator, I have already completed
over 126 non-fiction translations and textbook translations.
- What are the terms non-fiction book and textbook?
- Which book genres fall under the term non-fiction/textbook?
- What needs to be considered for a professional non-fiction or textbook translation?
- The Sovereign Method
- Are you in need of a non-fiction or textbook translation?
1. What are the terms non-fiction book and textbook?
Non-fiction and textbooks are never fictional and always reflect reality. Their primary goal is to present or explain a topic and to explain complex relationships. By choosing concise and meaningful headings, the reader of these books is encouraged to read. These genres of books not only promote independent thinking and acting but also serve to impart knowledge, increase the ability to concentrate, and promote meaningful reading and research. Also, the acquisition of expert knowledge in a particular field of expertise can additionally strengthen the reader’s self-esteem.
Non-fiction books are primarily aimed at an audience that is interested in a specific topic and wants to find out more about it. They are mainly used in the private sector. They often deal with current knowledge topics.
Textbooks, on the other hand, are written for a specialist audience that at least already has prior knowledge of the underlying topic. They are intended to provide the reader with an experience that he can later use to perform specific actions. They have a professional or academic benefit.
2. Which book genres fall under the term non-fiction/textbook?
- Work, profession, economy
- Computers, computer science, internet
- Fitness, Health, Medicine, Life support
- Leisure and Hobby
- Art, photography, graphics, music, film
- Crypto Currencies
- Food (recipe books)
- Reference works like encyclopedias or dictionaries
- Nature, garden, animals, hunting, forest
- Natural Sciences
- Pedagogy / Education
- Travel books
- Social issues, poverty, wealth
- Technology, architecture, craft
- Transport and means of transport
- Scientific studies
- Scientific papers
Your subject area is not listed? No problem! Just get in touch with me.
3. What needs to be considered for a professional non-fiction or textbook translation?
Whereas in light fiction, the emphasis is on a translation that conveys the meaning of the text and the aesthetics of the written word also play a significant role, a non-fiction or textbook translation must pay particular attention to an exact translation. The respective technical terms must be translated precisely into the respective language so that the contexts presented in this technical literature are communicated clearly and concisely. After all, textbooks and non-fiction books have a claim to inform or educate the reader.
4. The Sovereign Method
As your contact for German and English translations of non-fiction and textbooks, I use terms that are used within the industry. This means that I compare technical terms with the leading translation databases in the industry. This way, I can guarantee a translation that meets your requirements.
Also, I will thoroughly check your translation several times before delivery for quality assurance purposes.
In addition to the correctness of the non-fiction or textbook translation, I also attach great importance to the comprehensibility of the translated texts and to the fact that interest is not lost during reading. This ensures that the reader not only understands the newly acquired knowledge but can effectively expand his or her knowledge base.
5. Are you in need of a non-fiction or textbook translation?
You can easily order your professional non-fiction or textbook translation online: Simply fill out the contact form, upload the document to be translated, and within a few hours, you will receive my non-binding offer by e-mail. If your topic is not listed, please write this in the field “Your message.”.